Monday, January 18, 2010

In the Beginning: Part II



I have known Gabriel in the sixth grade but we never really did say much to each other. I remember him as being one of the goofy kids in Mrs. Hewitt's class. I also remember the time when my ex friend Hamidah confessed her feelings for Gabriel in the eight grade. She was mean to him but at the same time she liked him a lot. She even called him "G.A." To be honest with you, that is pretty much the only memory I have of Gabriel in middle school and as far as high school goes, I do not remember anything at all about Gabriel. I do not think i have any memory of him in high school....

It wasn't until I received a friend request on a social network on-line called "myspace" from Gabriel asking me to be his "friend". And so I approved of his pending request and from that moment on that is when we started talking again or should i say started talking for the first time. He would send me comments on myspace asking me how I was doing and he even asked me if I remembered my infamous red flannel shirt. I would look forward to receiving messages from him because I wanted to talk to him and reply to his messages. I felt a connection with him even though we didn't communicate by phone but through messages on-line. We talked about anything and everything about life. I also confided in him and asked for advice about relationships. I felt that we were both in a similar situation and that we made each other feel worthwhile. Even though he wasn't there for me physically, I felt that he was there for me mentally and emotionally while I was going through my situation.

Gabriel always invited me out but I refused to hangout with him. I felt that I wasn't ready to hangout with someone who lived a social life like a "rock star". I felt that I would not fit in with the scene because I did not live the "rock star" life like he did, and that made me afraid that he would not like me. Gabriel and I talked on and off for four years. And every time we stopped talking to each other....I missed him and that is when I realized that I had such strong feelings for someone who i haven't seen in such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment